Mr. and Mrs. Hosford!

Mr. and Mrs. Hosford!

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy Today!

We are having a big party at our house today for our friend Sergio from Brazil! He has been here since June, and is finished with his research so he is now going back home next week. 

SO......We are having a brazilian style dinner tonight!

As we speak, there are 2 LARGE pork loins wrapped in bacon sitting in our refridgerator......with a make shift PIT that Andrew and Sergio made for cooking them in. They went to Home Depot last night in order to find the perfect type of LARGE BBQ Skewer to cook them on! (pictures to follow) Also, like ten zillion steaks that were donated by the Meat Lab Manager. Id say we are all pretty excited!

Also....Sergio has planned to make........grilled pineapple.  Just cut off the rhine, and then roll the whole pineapple in sugar and cinnamon and then grill. You shave slivers off of it like it were in some sort of a Greek Restaurant with a large roast sitting vertically on a skewer (make sense?). I am SO excited for this dish......have I mentioned how much I love pineapple.....this sounds just amazing! I will be sure to take lots of pictures to let you know how it turns out!

It is a potluck, so I hope people actually bring stuff that is homemade......I cant stand when you say potluck....and people bring a bag of chips and a liter of soda or beer.  I mean....yes you can bring the beer too, but please....a bag of chips?  Do you want to eat those....no.  LOL, Andrew and I have thrown enough potlucks together to notice that no matter what this will always happen.  So we always over compensate....but this time....we arent gonna.  So we shall see what happens. (is this a silly problem that you all have too, or is it just me?)  And I understand that most of our friends are on a ....college budget, but seriously, potatoes arent that expensive.....or even like, garlic bread? LOL!

Anyway....Im excited for tonight, Andrew and I love having a housefull and hosting people....I think it reminds us of home! So....I better go, and start cleaning up all my little messes :)

LOVE TO YOU ALL!

PS.....My uncles services are today at the Vets Memorial Building in Santa Rosa. My thoughts are with my family, and I wish I could be there to celebrate his life!

PSS.. Happy Birthday to my wonderful friend Riley! :)

PSSS.....I just finished my very first week of work! HOORAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment