Mr. and Mrs. Hosford!

Mr. and Mrs. Hosford!

Monday, September 12, 2011

Engagement Photo Session!! Brittany and Justin


Well, I did it!  Ive still got bajillions to learn, but I had my first engagement photo session.  

These are my highlights from our day, and what a wonderful couple!  These are our friends Justin and Brittany. They just recently got engaged and Andrew and I are proud to be a part of their wedding party (maid of honor and best man thank you very much). We are truly excited for them.  I was so happy when they asked if I would take their engagement photos. I made sure to tell them that this would be a huge learning experience for me and for them to not be upset with me if the pictures didnt turn out very well.  

I really have a lot to work on, lighting, positioning, camera settings, and pretty much everything else!  But the main point is, I had a blast, and Im pretty sure they did too. We started in downtown Lubbock where it turns out there were a lot of awesome places to take pictures.  Then we made our way to the Cap Rock Winery......where we accidentally "had to wine taste" and we got a free tour! Walking out with a case of wine between the 4 of us (andrew came too)  we got to take some pictures at their beautiful winery.  Although, they dont have grapes there.....(silly i know).  Then we got to take a few pictures at Justin's parents house and got to use their awesome Ford!  Anyway, here are my pictures.  I sure hope Brittany and Justin like them! :)




I love this one!


Sexy Butts!


This red wall was a dream!



A little squinty eyed but still cute!




Mad that I cut off her foot, but still really like!


awwww!


She is so beautiful


This was hilarious, Justin is really like 6'8 and we had a difficult time squatting to make this picture work. 


I love the colors in these.  They laughed at me when I asked to take a picture like this, but turns out they really like it!




Happy Engagements Justin and Brittany!!!

2 comments:

  1. Laurin, those photos are beautiful!! Absolutely gorgeous and fun. I am so impressed. I guess all that picture taking in high school paid off!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie! I really had a fun time, and cant wait to do it again! :) I have also never had a single photography class, and man, ID SURE LIKE TO TAKE ONE! :) Thats my goal at some point while im in Lubbock. :) I hope you are doing well my dear! I love hearing all about your stories from teaching! I cant wait to come back to SR when we can actually HANG OUT! lol! Miss you too!

    ReplyDelete