Mr. and Mrs. Hosford!

Mr. and Mrs. Hosford!

Sunday, September 11, 2011

a little behind.....

Well where have I been since my last post in July.........

Well, our Brazilian exchange student Nara came to live with us! She is absolutely wonderful and makes andrew and I laugh every day!  We basically share a birthday, hers is on August 1st and mine is the 5th, so we had a party together!


More birthday celebration pictures - Brittany, myself and LJ!



Then that next weekend our WONDERFUL FRIENDS Kyle and Lisa came to visit us! They went on a road trip.........san luis obispo to oregon, idaho, wyoming, colorado, Oklahoma, and then TEXAS, new mexico, arizona and then back home.  We took them to the funnest bar in town, the piano bar! It was wonderful to have them here, and I can not wait to see them again. We definitely miss our SLO family!



The city put on this hilarious event for families with dogs!  We got to go to a swimming pool with the dogs and swim with them.  They pretty much loved it.  (the pool was closing the next day for winter, so they drain it anyway, so why not drain it with a bunch of dog hair)  Anyway it was great, we pushed Tex and June off the diving board, they werent to sure about that, but they thought that running and jumping into the pool was pretty funny. 



Nara and I had one quite adventurous evening......andrew was working late on a random tuesday night, so Nara and I decided to go see a move ( crazy, stupid, love....it was pretty cute).  I forgot to tell andrew that we were going to see a movie, and realized that I forgot my phone when we got to the theater.  SO, knowing that andrew would not be happy that I didnt inform him of where we were going, I made friends with the people sitting next to me and they let me use their phone, so now andrew knew where we were.  Anyway, the movie gets over, and Nara and I walk outside to a complete DOWN POUR. (fyi if you didnt know all of texas has been in a huge drought......so it was sunny and hot when we walked in)  Our car was parked so far away, so we ran.....and go SOAKED! On my drive home, I only made it about 3 quarters of the way,  Lubbock has no drainage, so the water just sits on the road.  I was freaked out, and felt like my whole car was swimming. So i pulled over at this random restaurant and asked to use their phone, so I could call andrew. Come to find out andrew was in his truck at the movie theater looking for me cause he knew that I wouldnt be able to drive in that weather, he was happy we were ok, and turned around to come pick us up.....meanwhile he gets hit by a car (a 16 year old made a 90 degree right hand turn from the left lane into andrew who was in the right lane), It was a minor fender bender and everyone was fine but...... UG! After about an hour and a margarita, Nara and I were picked up by Andrew, and we made it home as it stopped raining.!!!!  SHEESH what a day to forget my phone! This is how soaked we got running from the car into the restaurant.


We also went on a trip to New Mexico with Brittany and Justin.  They GOT ENGAGED! We were both so excited for them, and we happy to celebrate with them. Also, Im Brittanys Maid of Honor, and Andrew is Justins Best Man! So weve got some exciting planning ahead!


We went to the horse races together! That was so fun as always!



 I got an awesome present for my birthday and have been playing and taking lovely pictures!  Here is a picture of my awesome sunflowers that I planted from seeds!


My sweet puppies!


My Tex Man!  He is so handsome!


Junie


Little doggie butts!  This picture makes me laugh!


I seriously left a whole lot out, but anyway this is  what I have so far.  Another update on my first ever engagement photo session!  How cool was that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment